Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Young, The Old, and The Beautiful

This summer I have spent my time working at a care center. Basically, I am paid to hang out with the coolest folks I have ever met in my life fifteen hours a week. They have taught me the following things:
  • Always expect more from people than they expect from themselves. People need to know they are greater than who they are right now.
  • Wake up early on Saturdays. Have a good breakfast, play games with your friends and eat popcorn.
  • Sometimes you have be on your own and the ones you love may not always love you enough to make time for you. It hurts a lot and you will never do it to someone else.
  • Never, ever take up smoking. 
  • Be kind even if someone is mad at you. The lion with the thorn in its paw is hurting more than you know.
  • Knock before you open a door or walk into a room.
  • "I Love Lucy" is a great television program.
  • Ask lots of questions all the time
  • Be honest with your feelings. If you're sad, be sad. 
  • The past will either trap or free you. 
  • Love unconditionally
That's really all I have to say today.

2 comments: