Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MARINA + THE DIAMONDS, KATE NASH AND VAMPIRE WEEKEND

Well I was waiting to write this because I WAS supposed to see The Postal Service tonight but...
So I have to wait until July which makes me sad because I just learned Mckenna will be in Georgia at that time. 

But regardless I'm going to cheer myself up by talking about my dreams coming true this month musically. 


MARINA + THE DIAMONDS

I bought this ticket on whim honestly so I could hang out with my friends and be included. I'll admit it. But it was the best 15 dollars I've ever spent on a whim. Marina is not also talented but full of heart and beautiful. She sang a song called Teen Idle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiRjvejL5D4 It's so pretty it speaks for itself.








Perks of being 21: free Diet Coke/not standing in huge crowds at concerts at the bar.

Tadd and Marina (Hannah and Kenna are standing over to the side)

KATE NASH

This woman. She is a sassy feminist who I hope to contain all her confidence someday. She made me feel like I could do anything. I've wanted to see her since I was 15 and feel every age inside me happy when she was on stage. I'm so bad at expressing how amazing she was. 
"You ever had a friend who is a complete dick and you're always defended them saying oh that's the way they are. And then you realize one day, they really are a complete asshole." - Kate Nash I related a lot to this song. 

VAMPIRE WEEKEND 

AHHHHHHH!!!!! I saw them perform on SNL 
http://www.hulu.com/watch/489153 and I never knew how beautiful Ezra was (lead singer). They are wonderful I cried tears of joy when they played Horchata.


It was a wonderful night spent with the lovely Mckenna Schwab 
(curse you blogger for making my pictures look odd shaped.)

Postal Service will come too! I am blessed and am happy I can rant and post about all the music that makes life great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment