Friday, January 30, 2015

Finding old parts of myself in books

Monday, I awoke at 2 in the afternoon depressed and decided I would have to move back to Utah because my savings was depleting and I couldn't find a job and moving here was a huge mistake. (Side note I'm a very impatient person and lack faith in myself and think three weeks of unemployment is devastating where some people go years without finding work so I'm was a complete ass in this thought process)Then, at 4, Erinn from Tom Sawyier Library called to offer me my dream job! I'm a Youth Services Clerk. Basically I shelf books and help people find books and learn about great books to read and discuss books. And books books. And sometimes I put DVDs away. Somehow I put away the side of me that would stay up reading all night back deep inside and ignored it. Here I am so happy that I am United with books from every place on earth. I feel happy to be working in a place where literacy is praised and adored. I remembering who I am and finding new parts I never knew. Not to mention I love the people I work with. I am bursting with joy. And though shelving non fiction is kinda tedious it's so nice to be engulfed in literal knowledge. I am in a building with millions of stories and facts of this beautiful world. Isn't that beautiful? Go to library BECAUSE they're AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment