Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.


Memories are what you could call my forte. I remember everything. So to say I have a favorite memory would be crazy. This picture was moment of true bliss for me in 2010.  My cousin Dano and I went for a drive of up our mountain. We call it Squirrel Mt. for the large abundance of squirrels. This mountain geographically speaking separates Bountiful and Farmington Utah. We drove to the top of the mountain up by a weather station and the winds were blowing wild. It was hot  September day. When we arrived to the peak though it was like the top of the mountain contained winter's wind. I stepped of the car and felt swept away by the winds. It was magic. I leaned the cliff that looked below on the Great Salt Lake to the west and it looked a foreign sea. I closed my eyes and let the wind just grab me. I had been hot and irritated, ungrateful for the warmth of an Indian summer and the wind felt cool on my skin. The ran through my tattered softball hoodie like a sail. I heard a snap behind and my cousin took this photo of me. This picture makes me happy and fills me with joy. I love wind and how it run through us. It suggests that nothing is immovable if we just keep trying to penetrate life's most difficult tasks. I turned to stone that month from going to a new place full of change that I didn't like.The wind weathered me that day and reminded me that it was time to grow and that life is moving always. My brother told me one night when I discouraged from life and school to not compromise my happiness. He is very far away from me now but I know without doubt that this is true. If you don't like something and you can change it, change it. Be the wind in your own life. Find a way to find happiness. I didn't say fun or make yourself happy but happiness. Otherwise you're going to be missing something forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment